Superman to Me | Teen Ink

Superman to Me

October 6, 2008
By Anonymous

I was just minding my own business, waiting for the bell to ring and dismiss me to my next class. It was 6th grade orientation. I was at 6th period, waiting for the teacher to finish her introduction. I scanned the room, waiting for the correct people to show up in my vision. No one. Not a single friend. Someone caught my eye, and although I already liked a guy in the class since the end of 5th grade, this boy caught my attention. He was so tall, has bushy hair, and green eyes that had a slither of brown in his right eye. I thought of the possibilities of his cuteness, and I decided that he was definitely crush material. Maybe even boyfriend material! When I learned his name, everything seemed alright.

Weston was definetly a prize worth fighting for! He was sweet, kind, and ridiculously funny! I was thinking about him when my mom and I were headed to my friend's house to pick her up. Kaylee and I were going to a church lock-in, and I was picking up. My mom told me that Kaylee's cousin also needed a ride, and that she had already agreed. I dreamed about how funny it would be if Weston was Kaylee's cousin. As I walked to the front door, I realized that my hypothesis was completely wrong in every way. I knocked on the door in a frantic way, hoping to get there on time. Brooks, Kaylee's older brother, answered. He said that Kaylee was coming around the back. He called out "Wes, your ride is here!" My heart stopped cold as Weston walked down the stairs and out the door. I relunctedly turned to lead him to the car. How?! Was this some kind of cruel joke? Of course not, Kaylee knew nothing of my secret crush. WHY?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?


The author's comments:
All of this is true! FYI- Superman is my nickname for Weston;)