Hard Times | Teen Ink

Hard Times

September 30, 2008
By Anonymous

Like a tragic heroinne (i hope) i lay sobbing face down on the sofa, unfortunately my oscar winning performance was wasted on my heartless mother,''for the last time im not made of money, if you want to go on that class trip you'll have to pay your own way,no get off the sofa i want to watch countdown''Does this sound like a familiar scenario? they say the best things in life are free but clearly whatever genius thought that up never had to raid their little sisters piggy bank,spend the day with the childrn from hell next door(''but mommy ALWAYS lets me stay up till eleven /drink coffee/run up and down the street in a spiderman outfit)or drag six jam packed shopping bags back from the store for their Gran (lugging around twenty five cans of cat food is no joke)just to afford that made for you leather jacket,must have mp3 payer and all the rest of lifes little essentials that parents refuse to stump up for.Endless job searches have been fruitless, living in the middle of nowhere, attending school full time and that slight matter of being to young to legally get a job does not make me an employers dream . No wonder teenagers moan about the unfairnes of life - we can't even enter the lotto.