The Meaning of Life | Teen Ink

The Meaning of Life

By Ahale GOLD, Scottsville, Virginia
Ahale GOLD, Scottsville, Virginia

The future is unwritten. Yet, authored by the past. Our choices create what is soon to come, from our past to future. We cannot see the future, but dwelling on the past will strand us. Wait in the present until Present becomes past and future, present

Since the beginning of human comprehension, we have been struggling to find an answer that no one knows. What is the meaning of Life? why are we here, and what purpose do we serve ultimately? It seems that there is no answer in actuality, and humanity has begun to accept that we are just existing. 

But did anyone ever stop to think that the ultimate purpose of their own life has already been served? For centuries man kind has burned the rope at both ends, not realizing there was a third thread. The meaning of life has always been there, we just never knew it. 

Life is not about living up to a destiny of fulfillment. Its not even about where you're going or what road you take. The meaning of life is about the journey. The meaning of life is simply to live it. The love we share and the memories we make, the tears and the bloodshed. The hardships we endure just to make it day to day and all the time we spend in the dark to find a  source of light.  The enemies we overcome and the friends we make along the way. We wake up each and every morning, hoping that we will make it another 24 hours, but for what? Why do we have a burning desire to be alive? Ill tell you why, its because we as a species have a story to tell. We have things to do and people to meet. 

We wake up knowing that theres still a long road ahead of us and we aren't done here just yet and we are hoping with every fiber of our beings that we get at least one more day to continue the journey. Life is not about what we do, its how we do it. It isn't about fate and destiny, its about our journey. And that, my friends, is the true meaning of life. 

I was listening to music one day in school, Meaning of life by Ramses B, and this just came to me. Not to say I basically explained the song, I didn't. It just makes sense. You live one day to the absolute fullest and tell me I didn't at least come close.