I LOVE SCHOOL and this is why. | Teen Ink

I LOVE SCHOOL and this is why.

Everyone keeps wondering why I like school so much. What I don’t understand is why people don’t. I know there are a lot of bad things about school, but there are also a lot of good things too.

Sure we have the bad things like; waking up early, listening to boring speeches and taking lots of notes. You can’t forget the drama, cliquing, gossip, and fights. Except what most high school students don’t realize, is that this is the beginning of the rest of your life.

Once you leave high school, nothing really changes. It reminds me of the song High School Never Ends by Bowling for Soup. Once you get a job, you have to work hours that you might not want to work, but you’ll have no choice if you want a job. You’ll have to learn how to do your job properly, even if it’s hard. Then you have the whole drama thing.

Someone at your work won’t like you, people will gossip about how you look and what you drive. People will fight with you all the time. As my favorite quote goes, “Life’s rough get a helmet.” This was said by Eric Matthews off the TV show Boy Meets World.

It’s true, life is rough, but you have to suck it up and deal with it, because life isn’t fair. See it this way; there are so many people out there who don’t have the opportunity to go to High School like we do. There are people out there who can’t go to football games.

There are people out there who miss out on things like Prom and homecoming, people who miss out on Spirit Week and chill out week. There are people out there that have to miss out on the Sadie Hawkins’s dance and Mock Rock.

Whether you realize it or not, you have one of the best things in life. You have the chance to get an education. You get the chance to learn something new everyday. You have the chance to socialize with friends. You have the chance to get ready for the real world, with out being thrust into it unexpectedly.

I love school, because it’s something that I can be proud of. I can say, yes I did go to school, and yes I did have fun. Sure I had some ups and downs, but over all it was worth it.

I might not have been the homecoming class rep, or popular. I might not have been the straight A student or the MVP basketball team. But I did make the best out of my time there. I have no regrets of what I did in high school. I’m not sorry that I made mistakes.

I don’t care if people ended up hating me for being me. I don’t care that I’m not the perfect student. I had fun during my high school days, and that’s the most important thing to me. I had fun and I learned.

I’m going into my senior year, and this time, I’m going to do everything right. I might not become the homecoming queen, I probably won’t be popular. I probably won’t have straight A grades, and I won’t be the MVP basketball player. I will however be one of the only people who can say that I was glad to be at school, and that yes, it was the best years of my life.

I'm a high school student, as stated in my piece, and for the past three years if not more I've been listening to my classmates, and partially myself say how much we hate high school. I soon realized that not everyone gets the chance to go to high school, and I realized how much they are missing out on. So I thought it would be cool to write an article about this topic.