Purpose | Teen Ink

Purpose

Every human being’s goal in life is to find their purpose, right? They sit there, bored out of their minds, waiting to realize the moment when they feel that their life would be worth living. Some try to get out and actually do something but then ask themselves, “What if I never find my purpose? If I ever do, will I feel that my life is truly worth living?”
Any man can choose to see his life as a blank canvas, open to anything imaginable. This man, whom chooses to, would be the one to paint his own life any color he wishes. However, there are more that don’t care. There are ones who want the pencil to write its own story or the dog to get its own food. When you meet those that expect someone to tell them which way to go, I wonder, “Where is their joy?” But they wonder, “Why do I have to find my purpose?” Maybe they are happy. How can you tell?
Some do not wish to paint, while others yearn to write their own story. I am one of those people. I would gladly take that pencil in hand or paint my life an array of colors. Who’s had the right to govern over any one else’s life but their own? Only God. So if you wish to live your life in this way, as a mole that never digs a new tunnel . . . so be it. In this way you’ll also be like the mole . . . blind to the light.

on Oct. 20 2011 at 7:41 pm
LoneGirl2379 BRONZE, West Lafayette, Indiana
Ohhhh wait nevermind...Ur article was written before the other...Lol. SORRY! But you should check it out, it's good:) 

on Oct. 20 2011 at 7:39 pm
Hey really goodd:) I noticed ur name is Autumn W and ur article is called Purpose...Is that a coincidence? Because there's a story (now a book) from some I know, it's called Purpose, and the main character's name is Autumn W.....Lol...Hmmm?:)

Autumn W., said...
on Oct. 3 2008 at 3:20 am
u are right about the goal of every human, i think u got a 10 on this.