Battles | Teen Ink

Battles

June 28, 2013
By RNash SILVER, Albuquerque, New Mexico
RNash SILVER, Albuquerque, New Mexico
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate it is that we are powerful beyond measure it is are light not are darkness that most frightens us..."


I feel like I'm really good at winning the little battles. I can do most things pretty well, and that's awesome. It just comes kind of easy. I can do well on the ACT, win a game of Madden, I run kind of fast, and I'm alright. But it's just the big battles, the ones that matter. But it's the big battles that really define you as a person, the ones that seem out of your control. I don't know, I just don't know how to win those battles. It can't be just luck, people may be handed things, but the greatest gift is something you earned yourself. Even with the help of others, completing something you worked towards is an amazing accomplishment. I guess I'm just writing this because it makes sense to me, I'm so thankful for my life and I never would do anything to hurt anyone. I guess, I'm just waiting to win that big battle.


The author's comments:
Well, had kind of a poopy night. Life isn't the hottest right now, but I'm going to be alright. Just something I wrote up on facebook, but didn't post it because people don't need to be worrying about me! I know this is short and unedited and kind of silly maybe, but what the hell. It's TeenInk.