Astronaut | Teen Ink

Astronaut

By elizabeth bendoza BRONZE, Flushing, New York
elizabeth bendoza BRONZE, Flushing, New York

An astronaut is trained by a human space flight program [Also known as NASA] to command pilot or serve as a crew member of a spacecraft.[NASA] Astronaut is also the most interesting career. The average age of all astronauts is thirty five years old which means it takes a long time to gain enough knowledge for this job.

An astronaut has a lot of duties and responsibilities. Duties such as deploy and fix space stations, satellites building and space shuttle, bring back material from moon to earth; astronaut is all about team work. [NASA]Each one has their own field, and they trust each other with their own lives

Like I said before, the average age of an astronaut is thirty five years old and takes a long time to get ready for training and education needed. An astronaut must be a citizen of U.S, A bachelor’s degree in engineer, biological science, physical science or mathematics. At least three years working experience in on of these filed. Have at least 1000 hours flying experience as the pilot. His/Her needs to have a 20/20 eye visual but the nice thing is that eye surgery like PRK, LASIK is allowed. And the height requirements are 5’2’’to 5’2’’. [NASA] .
A typical day for an astronaut is very interesting, [because you can see space through the window and flying around with no gravity]. But the things we do in daily bases become really Difficult , For example , brushing teeth or washing there face , because there are no gravity in space , water can flow around and cause a lot of damage on equipment and even choke astronaut , so what they do is they simply use wet towels to wash their hands and face . Astronaut uses their finger as tooth brush and put tooth paste on there to brush their mouth. Did you know that in space it only takes 15 minute to shower but it takes 30 minute to clean up? This is what astronaut needs to do every day. Astronaut need to exercise 2.5 hour every day to stay in shape because with out gravity we don’t use a lot of strength that we do on earth. . And Astronaut has 115 types of meal to choose from and they have a stronger favor than we are use to because space make astronaut have a weaker taste. There are four types of job that an astronaut need to do, its supply, repair, assembly and research. [WIKIPEDIA]

It takes a life long time to become an astronaut, but it’s defiantly worth it because it’s the best job that anyone can think of or achieve. As a human being we don’t really know why everything is create it or what we meant to do in our life, but space is the thing that we only have 0.01% knowledge of , and this fact just make me happy and cared at the same time . And become an astronaut is the biggest thing that anyone can do in their life.

Works Cite
En.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronaut
NASA
Astronauts.nasa.gov/

I am a beginner , so its possible that it will have a lot of mistakes . thank you for understanding .

on Jan. 17 2017 at 6:35 am
beanastronautmygoal, VALSAD, Other

success can get every happiness in your life .

I also want to become an astronaut.I am working enough hard to achieve my goal and you gave me additional info on this topic.This will help me to coop up with my study on astronaut.THANKS!!!

on Jul. 24 2014 at 11:01 am
thankyou very much as you have helped me i am sure i will be the winner of essay writing as no one can hit me  

risaaa17 said...
thanks a lot this is awesome in my school we have do research on astronauts life and you helped me a lot