sHE'S brOKen BECAUSE sHE beLIEveD | Teen Ink

sHE'S brOKen BECAUSE sHE beLIEveD

By tayfon21 SILVER, Williston, Vermont
tayfon21 SILVER, Williston, Vermont
7 articles 1 photo 1 comment

"Sometimes things have to get ugly before it gets pretty" -Shae Mitchell

Best friends forever? Not always true.

You said… You said I was your best friend… You said you’d always be there for me. I’ve had a lot of hard times… You knew that… And you were always there for me. But this time… This time you weren’t… You never will be. You’re gone… Forever. You knew me better than anyone. I trusted you with my biggest secrets. I trusted you more than anyone I’ve ever trusted. You were my best friend… And now you’re gone… Maybe it was for the best? Yeah, because of what you did to me. I thought I’ve been stabbed in the back before, but this time I know what it truly feels like. But I think being stabbed in the back by your best friend, is more like being stabbed in the heart; a scar that will never truly heal.

Did it ever occur to you that you meant the world to me? Did it ever cross your mind that sending “I’m done,” in a text was the dumbest way to let someone go? Even after over a year of being together, and no explanation why? Did you ever think of my feelings too? Or just yourself? Do you remember who was always there for you?... Watching your basketball games when only your dad went because he had to drive you, praying for you when you were going through a hard time and no one else knew, being there for you when no one else was. I waited 8 months to be with you because I cared so much about you; I wanted to be with you more than anything in the world. Now I feel so dumb waiting for you, letting other chances go. Our relationship was based on bullshit; all your lies. You even asked my dad for permission to date me, promising him you’d follow all his rules and everything. Yeah, that was bullshit too. Did it ever occur to you that I am still hurting from what you did to me? Did it? I don’t think so... Because now I know who you truly are. You lied to me so many times, but I just didn’t realize it; the biggest lie of them all: “I will always be there for you, I promise.” Want to know why that’s a lie? Because you totally cut me out of your life, completely. You fooled me. You fooled everyone. I don’t deserve it anymore... You don’t deserve me. Just remember one thing:
You’ll never get me back,
and I promise you that.
A promise...
Something so simple...
And you couldn’t even keep it.
What a shame.