Temptation

I met you in Algebra II and you said I was pretty. You wouldn’t introduce me to your friends but I didn’t mind for long. You would call me day and night, tell me sweet nothing, and I believed you. They were empty words and old lies you told other girls too.

You acted as if I was your world, when all you gave me is nothing. You would not speak to me when I tried to talk to you in front of your friends. When other eyes were watching, you acted as if you couldn’t see me, as if I was invisible.

It broke my heart to pull myself away you. You were my world, my destiny, my love. But I guess I wasn’t yours. You were just simply using me; like a marionette. I let you control me; I let you make me believe in your deceit.
I should’ve known you were trouble; I guess a little part of me always knew, but the idea of being with you was just so tempting, I hid from the truth like a coward.
You were too good for me. I think you forgot about me two minutes after I called to let you know we were done. I cried all day, as I imagined you laughing with another girl. I wasn’t, somehow, too surprised when my imagination became reality.
I kept telling myself, you were a waste of time. An inner part of me protested so much.
Temptation. I didn’t know the full blast of it. There was this cord, pulling me toward you. Why couldn’t we just mind our own business? Why we couldn’t I keep my distance?
Why couldn’t you just leave me alone? What did you ever want from me? Too many questions, but no answers.
My best friend tells me how he cares about her. I know if I tell her what happened to me when I was with him, and what he did to me, it would be utterly useless. Because if I tried to tell her, or anybody in particular, they wouldn’t listen to me and convince themselves that he had changed when he really hadn’t changed a bit. Girls were just poor victims of temptation.

I admit, I never really got over you. I fell in love, got married, and eventually moved on with our memory shoved away in a corner of my mind. I never dared to talk about you to my loved one. A woman’s heart is an ocean full of secrets. Even now I still see you standing over me.
You were so cruel, so utterly selfish. Your memory always lingers in mine.
Why is it so hard to forget you?
Here I am, with my grandchildren in the backyard. Here I am, admitting that a little part of me still wants you, still needs you. Here I am, loving you after all these years.
I guess I could never get over you.

Surabi_ThapaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:25 am:
Great work!

TizzyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:32 am :
Thank you!

TizzyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 24, 2013 at 5:34 am:
Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

ChristianGuildThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:07 am:
The ending had caught me with surprise! I enjoyed how little detail there was, just enough to let one's imagination take flight. Again, you are a great writer! Keep it up :)

Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:53 am :
All your comments inspire me to write more! If it wasn't for me sis . (Tanaz) I never would've continued typing! Thank you all for your comments, because it always motivates me.

The_CapricornianThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is a nice little piece of work with meaning you have witten here.  I like how it is written so it doesn't need flowerly language to solidify it.  In fact, I think that if you did do so, it wouldn't accurately display unfiltered emotions like the story shows.

CalliashiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:30 am:
It's a nice little story. I saw a few grammar errors but nothing major. I liked the premise of the story and it's relatable to girls (or even guys) who have been in a relationship like this. Normally I would say this needed imagery hut it almost works without it. The vague words and storyline is like you're in her head. You don't need to know anything else. Well done.

May 29, 2013 at 6:00 am:
Oh ha ha Tanaz, very funny (not!) but i'm glad you commented........ i hate you! Bye!

TanazMasabaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 24, 2013 at 3:30 am:
Its a well written piece but I expect more from you. Not because you're aweful or anything (which you are not). But because I want you to be better than you are. Besides, you still didn't beat me yet.

Kittycatdancer15 said...
May 22, 2013 at 9:15 am:
wow very touching. very well written keep up the work.

Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:37 am :
Thank you, everybody!!!!!!! You just made a girl really happy by just commenting!!!

May 20, 2013 at 8:33 am:
Thank you!

popeye40This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20, 2013 at 8:27 am:
nice!!keep it up.

May 18, 2013 at 10:13 am:
Thank you, Cookie!!!!!!!!!!!!

CookieMonster24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 18, 2013 at 9:57 am:
Wow.. This is SO good! It should be in the magazine! I loved it. keep it up...

May 18, 2013 at 9:46 am:
Thank you sooo much!!!!!!!!! :)

kabir23 said...
May 11, 2013 at 7:46 am:
its very touching..........n im proud of you...im out of words.........