Confidence is the Key to Success This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Confidence is the Key to Success
Confidence. Some people are born with it, some have to work for it, and others do not know how to obtain it. It is something either one has or does not, but can always be accomplished over time. The question that many want answered it “what can I do to gain confidence?” I have learned that confidence is hard to achieve, but with friends, trust, and time it can be reached.

The denotation of confidence is the “belief in oneself and one’s powers or abilities.” Everybody is lacking confidence in something; not everyone is perfect. Whether it be giving a speech in front of the class, competing in a large competition, or accepting one’s appearance, people lack the confidence needed to enjoy life. Helen Keller said, “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” This quote is absolutely true because if one does not have confidence they can never achieve or go beyond what they want to do.

Recently, I have struggled with confidence in one of the most important aspects of my life: volleyball. With schoolwork, I feel completely confident in my work, but with volleyball it is a different story. Lately, I have been displeased and uncomfortable with my performance, instead of the ease that I used to play with. After every mistake, I would get down on myself and not shake it off, like one should. It has been hard for me to find out how gain and reach confidence. Through several talks from coaches and teammates, I finally believe that I am a good enough player and that I cannot let pressure get to me. Everyone else saw it besides me. I have learned that if one cannot believe in being able to do something, one will not do it. One really needs to be confident in what they do in order to succeed. I am slowly building my confidence by believing in myself and trusting in my abilities.

Some people have so much confidence that they are not afraid to do anything. Others are the complete opposite, and are scared of being judged or ridiculed by others. Self-confidence cannot be taught, but is reached by the individual when they decide to believe in themselves. In order to attain self-confidence, one needs to believe that they can do the task at hand. It cannot be accomplished overnight, but slowly gets stronger and stronger over a period of time. One of the major ways to obtain confidence is acting like one is confident, even when not. Acting will transfer into truly being self-confident and having high self-esteem. Another way to gain confidence is by talking to others. My example of gaining confidence is a true testament that this works. Talking to people that care will lift one up by talking about one’s terrific skills, boosting confidence level immediately.

In conclusion, confidence is a characteristic that everyone struggles with at one point, but can be achieved by trusting one’s abilities and speaking with others that are supportive. Mark Twain once said, “The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.” Being comfortable in one’s own skin is the key to achievement and enjoyment in life, so start with some confidence.

C"> said...
today at 6:19 am
very good . i like

Time said...
Dec. 6 at 6:52 am
Superb it is toooooooooo gooooood

Vishal sir said...
Nov. 23 at 11:24 am
Superb lines that are increasing confidence ..really after read it I have been become confident on myself ....

Ajna said...
Nov. 20 at 12:34 am
Àaaaaaa Nsnnsnaama

Sonal said...
Oct. 29 at 1:32 am
V nice essay

Erfana said...
Oct. 5 at 12:18 pm
It was a nice one,thanks!)

Shri said...
Oct. 5 at 7:45 am
It's amazing. .......it made me cry after reading

Sam Dwivedi said...
Sep. 6 at 12:29 pm
Superbbb .. duper .. article Mst hai jbrjst hai A mind blowing article i have read in my life

Aaal said...
Sep. 4 at 6:32 pm
Quite a piece indeed. One would drastically change after consuming such an article

Sweta said...
Aug. 19 at 10:42 am
Really amazing

Tanu said...
Aug. 3 at 8:42 pm
Amazing article I really like it

Abhay deep said...
Jul. 19 at 7:10 pm
Better essay Thanks

Shubham said...
Jul. 16 at 1:16 am
Wow wonderful essay I really like it.........

Daniel123456789 said...
Apr. 14 at 12:26 pm
Great opening paragraph.

Parimoli said...
Jan. 29 at 11:07 am
Wow!!! Super I have seen a best article in my life!!!

Yaalparichinnasiva replied...
Jan. 29 at 11:09 am
Wow!!! I have seen a best article in my life!!!

Yaalparichinnasiva replied...
Jan. 29 at 11:09 am

kachko naaa said...
Lai hari bhavaaaaa

Mizz. Jatliff said...
I like how even though you are a child and might not have all the knowledge in the world you use other people's knowledge. (includes quote) to support what you already have. Wonderful piece of writing.

Goma said...
Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:45 am
Best essay well done