Equine Welfare

Horses. These gentle, beautiful creatures have served human beings for centuries: harvesting our crops, driving our carriages and simply being there for us when we need them. In return, we protect them, shelter them and feed them. We return their kindness and love them. Or at least that’s what you think.

Every year, 65,000 horses are packed into trucks and driven thousands of miles across Europe to slaughter. Just because mankind no longer has a use for them.

Imagine being in the back of a speeding van, crammed in by up to twenty others, with no food or water to drink. You wouldn’t know where you were going, or how long it would take to get there. How would you like it?

Equine charities are campaigning to stop the long distance transportation of horses for slaughter, but they need your help. Horses have given us their unconditional love and friendship for years. That’s why we must stop this horrific form of cruelty to horses.

holly1999This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thanks :)                      

Lilly_Cat replied...
Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:50 am :
I thought horses were sent into slaughter to be eaten, which is bad enough. I didnt know they were killed just cuz no one had a use for them!!!

boundlesswildflower said...
Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:28 am:
Thanks for sharing this with me. I really liked it!! It was straight forward but also striking and symbolic. It talked about a major topic, you seemed passionate about and describe it amazingly. I'd love to read more of you work as well!!

Calliashi said...
Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:17 am:
It is shott, sweet, and to the point. You did a wonderful job explaining about the horses and comparing what the horses go through to the reader is a great persuasive technique. Good job :)

Ericaflooze said...
Oct. 13, 2013 at 5:47 am:
I never knew that this kind of thing happened to horses- it's awful. 
Also, good use of persuasive technique! You write wonderfully. 

holly1999This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:25 pm :
Thanks :)      

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like how you start this article and I also like how it is short and to the point.  You lead the reader in gently and then thrust the truth in their face.  The fact that this article is so short makes the change very aburpt and catches my attention.   It might have helped to be a little more detailed about the Equine Welfare so that the reader could gather more info, but all in all I think it is a good article. :)

Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:28 pm :
Thank you :)