Not always rainbows, sometimes compromise | Teen Ink

Not always rainbows, sometimes compromise

Love has been around since the world has spun. Its what keeps hearts beating. Everything needs love. Love is an amazing feeling, its beautiful in a way undefined. Love isn't just a feeling, its a pulse. Its when one heart finds its match, what keeps your heart beating, even after its been betrayed or torn into a million pieces. Love isn't spiteful or vengeful, its forgiving and understanding. Its giving your all, your trust without thinking. Love is a universal language, its having to say nothing at all and still have it mean a million words. Its being able to say everything and anything to someone. Love is noticing the little things and appreciating them. Its an unexplicable word, its so simple in our souls but so complicated in words. There's so many types of love and you can lack them all but if you have that one love, the love of your soulmate, it'll more than makeup for it. It doesn't matter how many mistakes are made, love conquers all. Love also endures all, its patient, its not putting your love one at any risk. People don't believe teens can love as fiercely as others, they're wrong. If anything we love more. We are aware that love isn't always rainbows and butterflies and still we dive headfirst in. Its the best and worst thing to happen to any of us. They don't realize that we've cried, we've laughed, we've suffered, we've lived, we're still breathing, still learning, just like any other "real" couple. We are aware of the pain and the havoc, but still we dive headfirst. If anything, we love more fearlessly.

I'm just a girl, in a huge world, with a million words, trying to organize them in a matter that makes sense to people my age, and most importantly to myself.

on Apr. 11 2011 at 7:03 pm
sweet_silent_surenity GOLD, Puyallup, Washington

"The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved- loved for ourselves or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." -Victor Hugo-

We love feircely... but just as we see a kindergardener spelling test and think "I can spell better than that", adults see us loving and think that their time means that they have more substance and athority. and true, the capacity for love grows over time... but it's harder ti trust in it as time goes on. Humanity needs love. Adults pretend to know that without living it... I can only hope that our generation keeps our early sighns of being a more loving world when we are the middle-aged generation.

on Apr. 11 2011 at 6:55 pm

I agre, but know that this article would be stronger with a personal experience to go along with your knowledge. I was waiting for the story to start but it didn't... anything to go along with feelings this strong would be epic.

on Jun. 2 2010 at 3:22 am
that was soo beautifull, i was like woah...nd yer a teen!?? dangg this was reeaalllyy good!!

on May. 11 2010 at 8:46 am
flipsters BRONZE, Benton Harbor, Michigan

"Life is not fair, it's how you take the cards that are dealt that matter."
"Everything will work out in the end, if it's not working out then it's not the end yet."
"Don't let the clouds of today hide the sunshine of tomorrow."

I do like this... I wish more people would comment on it, if only the world was easy and we could find love....but I learned, don't go on a search to find love, let it come to you. Don't expect that every date you go on will be true or even the least bit of love, but let it just come as it comes...love is brilliant , love is kind, but most of all, love waits.

sexy beast said...
on Apr. 20 2010 at 12:21 pm
wow that was beautiful i dont believe in love but it made me cry!!!!! :'(