Not always rainbows, sometimes compromise | Teen Ink

Not always rainbows, sometimes compromise

September 7, 2008
By Anonymous

Love has been around since the world has spun. Its what keeps hearts beating. Everything needs love. Love is an amazing feeling, its beautiful in a way undefined. Love isn't just a feeling, its a pulse. Its when one heart finds its match, what keeps your heart beating, even after its been betrayed or torn into a million pieces. Love isn't spiteful or vengeful, its forgiving and understanding. Its giving your all, your trust without thinking. Love is a universal language, its having to say nothing at all and still have it mean a million words. Its being able to say everything and anything to someone. Love is noticing the little things and appreciating them. Its an unexplicable word, its so simple in our souls but so complicated in words. There's so many types of love and you can lack them all but if you have that one love, the love of your soulmate, it'll more than makeup for it. It doesn't matter how many mistakes are made, love conquers all. Love also endures all, its patient, its not putting your love one at any risk. People don't believe teens can love as fiercely as others, they're wrong. If anything we love more. We are aware that love isn't always rainbows and butterflies and still we dive headfirst in. Its the best and worst thing to happen to any of us. They don't realize that we've cried, we've laughed, we've suffered, we've lived, we're still breathing, still learning, just like any other "real" couple. We are aware of the pain and the havoc, but still we dive headfirst. If anything, we love more fearlessly.

The author's comments:
I'm just a girl, in a huge world, with a million words, trying to organize them in a matter that makes sense to people my age, and most importantly to myself.