And Then, Life Goes On | Teen Ink

And Then, Life Goes On

March 18, 2013
By notborninjune BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
notborninjune BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you quit ONCE, it becomes a habit. Never quit!" - Michael Jordan


You know how sometimes, things just don't go your way, and you say to yourself, "Why me?" I totally understand that.
This is just something that I felt like sharing with basically anyone who reads this.
Life sucks. It really let's you down sometimes. But you know? You have got to move on.
This past summer, my dad passed away. And some of you may understand how sad (that's an understatement, haha...) it is to lose someone that you loved. But the thing is, that didn't slow me down.
Since I don't want to bore you with my whole story, I'll make this short. The day my dad passed away, I had a few of my close friends over at my house. They spent the whole day with me, and we had a lot of fun. At the end of the day, I realized this: "Hey, I'm gonna be all right. I've got friends that love me, and they always have my back. I have a loving family, and I'm still damn happy."
At the end of the night, which was probably after midnight, I thought to myself, "And then, life goes on."
There are many morals to this story, but what I really want to get at, is that you can't have a "minor" setback keep you back forever. You have a valuable life to live, and you can't let that go to waste because of one incident. There's a way that you can get through the pain. In my case, I have some amazing friends that support me, and I can't thank them enough for it.
So guys, don't let anything hold you back. It sucks to lose something or someone really valuable or just screw up at something. You have got to move on. I'm sure that you have friends that care for you and a loving family. And if not, you've got me. I know what true pain is like, and although I may have an advantage for having my friends and family, I believe that you will be able to overcome your pain.
Just remember, from here, life goes on.


The author's comments:
This is another writing submission for my English class, but it's also something that popped up in my mind as I was taking a shower. It's really amazing how my life was changed drastically, but this event really helped me become a better person. Although this is really a subconscious thing, everyday, I hope to make someone laugh and smile. And I truly enjoy it when I succeed. I gotta say, I get a true kick out of it. But yeah, I'm living the life to the fullest because You Only Live Once... haha.