The Things I Carry | Teen Ink

The Things I Carry

By NightOwls GOLD, Medford, Oregon
NightOwls GOLD, Medford, Oregon

The hardest workers are the most successful.

Everyone has some sort of baggage that they carry with them. Whether it is emotional or physical, we all have it. For me, there is a lot of emotional baggage that I carry around. I have regrets for things that have happened in the past that I could have done or handled differently. But there is also the baggage that is good to me, fore there from all the good things that have happened in my life. There was the time before my parents divorced where we were laughing and playing slap boxing with dad or helping mom with dinner while learning how to cook different things. But, there is also the baggage of knowing I could have spent more time with my grandpa before he passed and of regretting spending more time with my great grandma before the Alzheimer disease hit. It’s hard to watch someone you love deteriorate right in front of you and even harder knowing you can’t do anything about it. Everyone has their own kind of baggage that the carry with them. Some conceal it well and others wear it on their sleeves.