Being a Leader

In a country with so many people, it is crucial to have leaders to organize society so it does not get out of hand. As a Boy Scout, I know what it is like to be a leader. Being a leader is challenging in that it takes extra work and a reward in the success others can get from a good leader.

In just a few days, I will be executing my Eagle Scout Project. This is the pinnacle of my Boy Scouting career. Leading up to the project, I needed to obtain all of my materials and get volunteers. On the day of the project, I will have to lead everyone to do the tasks I have set forth. I know that I will not be able to be everywhere at once, but I still have to sufficiently explain to everyone what to do and supervise them. I know that I will need to lead by example and show them what to do. I also know that it will be challenging. I am already very stressed out from just obtaining the materials. Having to supervise everything at once will be very hard. However, I am confident that it will all turn out well in the end. That is the reward of being a leader. Seeing a project get done, and also seeing the people led have a sense of accomplishment, as well as learn valuable skills.

Being a leader is probably one of the most challenging, yet necessary jobs in this country. Leaders show the next generation how to get something done. That is what I hope to accomplish during my Eagle Project as well as the rest of my life.