Thank You | Teen Ink

Thank You

January 5, 2013
By WolfWest13 SILVER, Kalimpong, Other
WolfWest13 SILVER, Kalimpong, Other
7 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Dear ‘Superpowers’,

Thank you for curbing our Right to the Freedom of Speech by holding international ‘conferences’ and signing ‘general conventions’.
Thank you for showing us that you may torture a peaceful people and encroach upon their revered lands as much as you want with the other nations sitting like ducks.
Thank you for showing us that we may live a moocher’s life by consuming more than we produce.
Thank you for telling us that that what we think or say or do does not mean a thing; that a government may continue in power by killing its citizens.
Thank you for letting us know that you have trillions of dollars for bailing out the banks but fight over the last penny for education and environment.
For all this, I thank you.
Thank you very much.
Remember, though, that you are temporary but your effects long term. History has been cruel to all those who go against the very salt of human dignity. Remember that.
And remember that this is an age of information where ignorance is a choice you make.
Ignore us today and we are ready to shake your tomorrow to its very core.

With love,
The People You Ignore.


The author's comments:
What have the superpowers taught us?