Imagination

Imagination is a skill commonly overlooked, but an essential one nonetheless. Without imagination, some of the world’s most famous inventions would not exist. How does one make something truly great without developing the idea of it first? Many people say that imagination is something that is interesting to have, but . But life without imagination would be boring and all the same. Life without nonsense would be monotonous. “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.” said Dr. Seuss.

People always say that laughter is the best medicine, and that laughing is good for you in general. Pleasantries such as laughing would also be hard, if not impossible, without imagination. Think back to the last time you laughed. Was it because something genuinely funny happened? Or was it because someone did something that you took out of context using your imagination? Now think about how many times you would laugh if you had no imagination. The number would be very limited. “I doubt that the imagination can be suppressed. If you truly eradicated it in a child, he would grow up to be an eggplant.” Ursula K. Le Guin said.

What is originality without imagination? What is life without imagination? To live a life without imagination and creativity is to lead a life without the slightest notion of fun. A life without fun is a boring one. One without an interesting life grows up to be a boring person. And boring people are ones that are forever alone.