Siblings | Teen Ink

Siblings

December 20, 2012
By Lzappy GOLD, Plainsboro, New Jersey
Lzappy GOLD, Plainsboro, New Jersey
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“The only person who will be there for most of your life, Lzappy, will be your brothers.”—My Dad

These words have been spoken to many siblings worldwide. But, did the siblings ever respect the saying? No. Ever listens to the saying? Yes. Understand the meaning? No. Siblings went back to their normal day’s yelling and fighting with each other. But now the meaning is clear. Children in this world should be friendlier toward each other. The child may also benefit from the experience from an older and younger sibling. Although, many children bicker with their sibling, siblings should avoid from bickering to become a connected family.

Siblings still don’t understand the value of one other. On the kidshealth.org, website, it states, “it’s common for brothers and sisters to fight”. This is a true fact because many children tend to dislike each other. There is no actual reason for it, but it is natural. The website also stated, “many kids are lucky enough to become the best of friends with their siblings." Because of the many days of bickering between siblings, they cannot become one with each other. Siblings are meant to fight with each other.

Some of the few, lucky siblings are mature enough to be best friends, and benefit, from one other. On the website, education.com, it states “when the siblings are much older, they take more time interacting with each other”. This shows that as the siblings grow up, they become friendlier with each other. When they are friendlier, siblings can benefit from each other. Also, in my house, I frequently ask my brother questions about things I don’t understand. I learn more (in general) about my brother, in addition to the answer to my question.

In conclusion, when siblings get along with each other, they may succeed. In early childhood, many siblings fight and bicker with each other. Then as they mature into teenagers, they tend to talk more to each other than to their parent. Also, many siblings have learned lessons from their siblings, when they could not find the information anywhere else. Although, many children bicker with their sibling, siblings should avoid from bickering to become a connected family.