Summer | Teen Ink

Summer

August 16, 2012
By KittyKat1522 BRONZE, Scottdale, Pennsylvania
KittyKat1522 BRONZE, Scottdale, Pennsylvania
4 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door....


Summer. One word to describe school's out. the feeling of not having to wake up early to get ready for school. So the first day of no school goes well. You sleep in and just hangout while your parents are at work. By the first month of summer vacation, you're ready to go back. three months of doing nothing is not the best idea. so I sit down and think to myself, " why can't we just go to school all year long and have longer breaks during the holidays." With three months of vacation, you could probably forget more things you learned then you would learn in about nine months. Jobs. Most teenagers don't have jobs. why, because they are lazy. This summer I worked two jobs and my friend worked three jobs. my mom says, "most kids who get things handed to them probably will have a tough time making it in the world, but you will be one of few kids that will make it in the world." to hear my mom say that made me the happiest girl in the world. I play softball in the summer and work, but I still find time to do things I want to do. I think I have potential make something of myself in the world. sometimes I think the world isn't ready for me and I'm not ready for the world. I love to play sports and I want to excel in them. sports is also a way to stay active. Summer to me means thinking at my future and what my life would and could be like in 10 years. Be creative and do something spontaneous. you will shocked at how fast the summer goes when you have something to do every day. Read books to widen your knowledge and vocabulary. don't procrastinate to do something, do it before it's too late.


The author's comments:
I thought about how the summer went so fast and how people wait to do things.