Love Conquers All | Teen Ink

Love Conquers All

July 7, 2012
By punkr0cker365 ELITE, Bedford, New York
punkr0cker365 ELITE, Bedford, New York
100 articles 2 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
Kurt Cobain


My best friend lived on the streets for 8 months with his fiance. But now my best friend lives in poverty, he and his fiance barely have enough money for rent. Nonetheless when they go to the grocery for food, they buy enough food for the month which still isn't enough. Their apartment is basically: the bathroom, kitchen and living room where they sleep. It's dirty and they just lost air conditioning and they live in FL. Sarah is his fiance. She is working 2 jobs. Dex is my friend. He just lost his job. They have no car. They want to get married at some point. But they know that won't be for years maybe longer. Dex's parents aren't in the picture and Sarah's mom could care less what happens to her. They have barely enough to keep them going every day. But neither of them feels bad nor wants anyone to feel bad for them. You know why, even though they barely have enough money for food, rent, and everything else, even though they're in poverty. They have each other. Sarah and Dex have known each other 13 years and having been dating for more than 3 years. They still have the same love they had when they started dating and it's still growing strong. So for all you people complaining about how your life sucks or how you have nothing. Think about this. Do you have your own house you live in, even if it’s your parents? Do you get to use Mommy and Daddy's money? Do you have people all around you who care? Did you even have to work a day in your life to get to where you are? I bet not. So shut up and stop complaining. Because you don't know how bad life can be until you've lived on the streets for 8 months and then live in Poverty. Just remember the main lesson from this story. Love really does conquer all.


The author's comments:
People need to open their eyes and their minds. This is just one couple out of many who live in poverty. And many have it worse. Can't you see? This is America, the land of the free and brave. No one is really free and not many are brave.