What is More Important Than Jersey Shore | Teen Ink

What is More Important Than Jersey Shore

April 27, 2012
By kmor2480 BRONZE, Woodridge, Illinois
kmor2480 BRONZE, Woodridge, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Ugh what is she wearing?” “Did you hear what happened last night?” “Should I go up and say something?” Sound familiar? Well maybe it does and maybe it doesn’t, but it is the same gossip that that we teenagers surround ourselves with. (I admit that I am no saint; I have occasionally been part of the gossip circle too). The usual topic of who hates who, whether someone looks cute enough, yada yada yada; But after living on this Earth for sixteen long years, I have come to realize that none of these things matter. Why? Well if you keep reading the thoughts of an oh-so-wise sixteen year old girl, then maybe you will understand.

Pop quiz: So what in the world could be more important than the new episode of Jersey Shore?
It is either A) The new episode of the Kardashians B) monster trucks C) The Kardashians driving monster trucks or D) Our life. Well if you took that seriously then you should have chosen D (and if you did not, then you should really reevaluate your life) because our life is the most important thing. With our life we make new experiences, meet new people, challenge ourselves to break limitations, and so much more. But there are just not enough days in our lifetime to experience it all. Our time here is only for a moment, and one moment only. But even knowing that, we still waste our time with meaningless crap our lives with wasted things, which is why I believe…

…Life is too short to hold grudges. It has been scientifically proven that for every person that you hold a grudge against you waste 25% of your life thinking malicious thoughts about them. Ok, so maybe that statement isn’t true, but what I can tell you is that for every second you spend wishing misfortune upon others is a good second of happiness wasted. I am not telling you that you have to become best friends forever, but at least let go of those malicious feelings. Bitter feelings are useless, empty, and so overrated because like a circle, they have no point in life. If they were important to your life then your daily schedule would probably look something like this, “7:00 a.m. wake up, 7:05 a.m. think of all the people you hate, 7:10 a.m. glare at the Facebook pictures of the people you despise.” It seems silly, right? Well so is loathing others! So just forgive and let live because holding a grudge will definitely not lead you to nirvana, the pearly white gates, and other forms of unworldly existence you believe in…

…Life is too short to pass on opportunities. Telling yourself that there will always be next time is a BIG FAT LIE! I am pretty sure the phrase “once in a lifetime opportunity” exists for a reason because you never get the same experience twice. And the opportunities I am talking about are not just being accepted to some big shot school or auditioning for Broadway, but those moments of voicing out your ideas instead of being quiet or even something as small as saying, “hi.” Seriously, just do it! Because you might have the most brilliant idea that mankind has ever heard about, and saying “hi” is not illegal. No one is going to throw you into jail. I am 99.9% positive that it will not happen. So what if you decide to disregard everything I have said? Well then, congratulations! For not taking opportunities you receive the mega awesome constellation prize of regret!! Where you get to question everything you have done with “what if” and “maybe”…

…Life is too short to be obsessed with materialistic objects. Money, jewels, and cars should not be the only things you care about because they are only valuable in materialistic sense. Ok, yes I admit that in modern society you do need these things to function, but these things are not what make you happy. Imagine being stuck in a house full of all the riches in the world. Awesome, right? But the catch is that you are not allowed any human contact at all. No sweat. In the beginning you might be overjoyed with all the money you amassed, but that feeling will soon fade because when it is just you and a house full of money it gets pretty lonely. Money can’t make you laugh; it can’t comfort when you go insane from lack of human contact; it can’t wipe away your tears (but if it did, I suggest checking yourself into a mental hospital).

My point for the last three paragraphs is that life is too short to not be happy. You should take chances; love who you want to love; do what you want to do (as long as it is legal of course). Basically, live. If you want my blessing to do so, shazzam! You got it! Just make sure you live your life in which every moment is worth living because life is too short not to.