Stress and Irrelevance?

The stress! Oh my god! A test tomorrow, but with a lab write up due to write all in one night on top of it, while coordinating with a lab partner, not to mention the project due on monday and your exam on wednesday. It's called being a teenager. It's called high school, one of the most stressful times of a young person's life...until we get to college. Then it gets worse. But wait. Please, stop and think. I have so much to do, it's true. But what happens if I just...don't? Who would it really hurt? My grades, maybe. Which may affect college, and my future job, and my whole life, right? So far, it's all about me. Am I really that selfish? Does it really matter, that in a universe as large as ours, if one person screws up? Nothing one person does is going to change the whole universe. Because really, we have no clue how large it is, and until we have reached the same time period as Star Wars, there is no force, no Yoda, no Skywalker to change the galaxy forever. Until then, my failing at life hurts no one but me. So, I have a new resolution. I will do my best, and when my best isn't THE best, I will not be mad at myself, and I will not compete with everyone, just me. I will have goals, yes, but they will not be outrageous and if they are not met, then it (quite literally) is not the end of the world. Life is good, our planet is amazing, and I plan to enjoy it all as best I can. Stress is irrelevant, because in the greater scheme of everything, I am irrelevant. What I do involves me, and Me chooses not to hurt myself trying to become too much. Stress is harmful; so why be stressed? These are my reasons/excuses for not being stressed. What are yours?

Loki17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:03 am
Hey Kestrel, thanks for commenting on my work.  I completely agree with this essay.  Although I think perhaps you proved why humans ARE relevant: we deal with the stress, we realize we don't matter, yet we keep living anyway.  

Kestrel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Exactly- that's just how we work. And no problem, thanks for checking mine out too.