Words Speak Louder Than Actions | Teen Ink

Words Speak Louder Than Actions

May 25, 2012
By Anonymous

Words are more powerful than actions. With words you can influence someone into thinking something, it is the way we communicate and learn. Actions can cause physical pain to us and force us to undergo a certain circumstance but words can actually take over our body. Think about it, Hitler used words to overcome an entire nation; he killed 6,000,000 people with words. He lied, but did he physically punch anyone to achieve these goals? Did he physically do anything? No, he used words. People are influenced daily through the power of words. Words cannot only make us think, but they can change the way we actually live our lives. Words can allow someone to take over your mind completely, while actions can only force you to do something out of fear.

Think about it, ideas and words are what start wars. Because someone disagrees about something and someone decides to take it much too seriously, war is started. Because of the Emancipation Proclamation, slaves were over taken by Lincoln’s ideas and then supported the North or the Union because of this. African Americans chose to support Lincoln because his words had influenced them.

What do teachers always say? “Do not solve problems by fighting”; they say to talk it out. Words are more powerful than actions. They can go a long way depending on how you choose to use them. If you insult someone or give them a compliment, they will remember that more than if a total stranger came up to them and punched them. Words can influence the brain in the ways actions cannot.

“Actions speak louder than words” is untrue. It states that actions are more powerful and hurt more. Physically, actions hurt more, but mentally words hurt more. Skin cannot influence you to do anything unless it is out of fear, while the brain can tell you to do anything; the brain is what controls you.