Reality. | Teen Ink

Reality.

May 13, 2012
By Emma_F SILVER, Arvada, Colorado
Emma_F SILVER, Arvada, Colorado
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Youth is a disease that gets cured a little bit every day."


Reality doesn't exist. The world is simply based on perception. For example, if someone truly believed they were in love, they would be, to them. And it wouldn't matter if everyone else knew they weren't really in love, because in the core of that person’s being, they would KNOW that they were. That being said, I should correct my first statement that reality doesn't exist. It exists, but we all feel it and live it in a differing way. Like glasses, everybody’s eyes are different so they have prescription glasses with lenses that suit their eyes. That lens is what makes us ourselves. So to every person, reality isn't... unreal, but it is twisted. Distorted. Bent. So to every human being, reality is twisted, and that's 100% true. What’s also 100% true is that it’s not twisted, it only seems that way, because everyone perceives it that way. That shows us that multiple things can be true at once, even if they completely contradict each other.


The author's comments:
the inner thoughts of a young girl left alone for too long.