No Talent

They say everyone has their own special talent, but I don't find this true.
I can't dance.
I can't draw.
I can't sing, and I'm definitely not an athlete.

All my friends have talents. They can dance, they can sing, and they can draw exact replica's of the Mona Lisa. But what can I do? Nothing.

Being constantly compared to the remarkable visible talents of my relatives doesn't make me feel any better. It makes me feel useless, Like I can't do anything but sit around.

I have tried everything known to man. I wanted to become a professional dancer, but I have two left feet. Whenever I tried to draw a tree, it looked like straight lines and scribbles. Everything just seemed completely impossible for me.

Don't tell me to practice, because I have. I gave everything my all, but I never improved, I just got worse.

When I look at myself, I don't see anything special. I'm no dancer, singer, nor some flexible gymnast. But I will keep trying. Someday I'll find my one special talent.

mnm08This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I think u just found your special talent right here, u'r a rlly good writer :) not everyone can write <3 that was a very honest piece, many people can relate. :) good job!! 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:33 pm:
the feelings in this piece are relatable. It is hard to find a passion in life. I am stilll searching for mine

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:30 am:
Wow. A lot of emotion and meaning in not very many words. You may not be able to dance, sing, or draw, (by the way, I can't do any of those either), but you sure can write. Keep up the good work! :)