Human Rights Essay | Teen Ink

Human Rights Essay

By Preston Ryman BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
Preston Ryman BRONZE, Dallas, Texas

The 25th human right is the right for food and shelter for all. So I ask why do 16,000 children die every day from hunger and 1million kids in America don’t have homes, we need to help change this. It’s not time to just speak out about hunger it’s time to actually do something about it. I have never been in poverty or really know what it is like to not have a home to go to or not knowing where your next meal is going to come from, but I want to help.
In 2010 there were 925 millions of hungry people in the world. The highest rate of starvation belongs to undeveloped countries of Africa, Latin America, Asia, and the Pacific. This is really not acceptable. There is not lack of food in our world it is just that they have the lack of food to be able to have a good diet.
If we could help get food to the inner landlocked countries of Africa. It could save millions of people. Also developing countries are turning their fertile land into cash crops, creating money for their economy, but sacrificing the soil as well. If we could convince these countries to grow food for their countries. Not just to grow cash crops for their own good and their economy, for only the governments good and not the people’s.
Another thing is that we have people going hungry in our own country. In the United States, One out of every eight children under the age of twelve in the U.S. goes to bed hungry every night. If we want to help this issue we need to help it in our own country first. If we can help one country at a time starting with our own we can stop world hunger.

Essay about hunger and human rights