Empty | Teen Ink

Empty

April 14, 2012
By Evyfan111 DIAMOND, Castle Pines North, Colorado
Evyfan111 DIAMOND, Castle Pines North, Colorado
64 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Writing eases my suffering. It's my soul's medicine. I write when I hurt. I write what I fear. Writing is my form of personal freedom. I write to save myself. I write to survive as an individual."
~Amor Magner


Talent? What is talent without aspiration? Without dedication? Raw talent is nothing on its own, an empty promise, a treasure filled with naught but air, buried far beneath the earth, away from the warm, gentle touch of the sun. Cold as a ghost, it lies there like a faded memory, waiting to be discovered and filled to the brim with countless treasures. But there will be no treasures until one willing to take matters into his own hands-someone who doesn't mind the hard work that will leave his hands blistered and caked in dirt, yet filled with the sparkling rewards of a job well done-finds the waiting opportunity buried under years of failed attempts and unreached goals.


The author's comments:
I just wrote this one day, and I don't really know why. I just wanted to. And I didn't really know what category it fits under, so I just picked Hot Topics...Well anyways, I hope you like it! :)