America Went to War With Iraq

I remember being petrified as I watched the world fight her battles with bombs and destroying innocent civilians all while my grandfather was dying in hospice. It seemed like everything was coming to an end. Being a little over eleven didn’t help me understand; I was still mentally undeveloped. I thought it was my fault, and it killed me to sit back while the last few days Grandpa lived the world had to be so cruel. He left us all a few days after the declaration of war. He’d be devastated to know it hasn’t yet ended.
I am seventeen years old and trying to find my place in the world, but I am afraid of this world.
I hate war
But I can’t end it on my own.

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The Iraqi war was totally unnecessary. Some Americans think it was about stopping a ruthless ruler, or finding weapons of mass destruction...but it wasn't. If it was about finding weapons of mass destruction, the American troops would have pulled out a LONG time ago when they realized there were none. All they ever found were simple rockets and guns. If the war was about taking down a ruthless ruler, we would have left when we found him and killed him. The truth is: the Iraqi was isn't... (more »)