America Went to War With Iraq

By Gabrielle Scarbrough, Barnegat, NJ

I remember being petrified as I watched the world fight her battles with bombs and destroying innocent civilians all while my grandfather was dying in hospice. It seemed like everything was coming to an end. Being a little over eleven didn’t help me understand; I was still mentally undeveloped. I thought it was my fault, and it killed me to sit back while the last few days Grandpa lived the world had to be so cruel. He left us all a few days after the declaration of war. He’d be devastated to know it hasn’t yet ended.
I am seventeen years old and trying to find my place in the world, but I am afraid of this world.
I hate war
But I can’t end it on my own.

Fayrouz SILVER said...
on Oct. 9 2009 at 8:20 pm
Fayrouz SILVER, Fargo, North Dakota

"Only dead fish swim with the stream"

The Iraqi war was totally unnecessary. Some Americans think it was about stopping a ruthless ruler, or finding weapons of mass destruction...but it wasn't. If it was about finding weapons of mass destruction, the American troops would have pulled out a LONG time ago when they realized there were none. All they ever found were simple rockets and guns. If the war was about taking down a ruthless ruler, we would have left when we found him and killed him. The truth is: the Iraqi was isn't about any of that...it's about taking control of the Middle East and the Muslims by having a prominent standing in Iraq, a major important country.

Swoon Reads

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!