Dear 'Best Friend' | Teen Ink

Dear 'Best Friend'

March 9, 2012
By Lexybabyface GOLD, North East, Pennsylvania
Lexybabyface GOLD, North East, Pennsylvania
10 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can."


You could be the most beautiful girl in the world but your heart is ugly and that’s all I see. You have made my life a living hell since I was in 6th grade. Using me, bossing me around, getting me involved in all your drama and acting as if your life is more important than mine. You totally think you’re in charge of our friendship and that I have to do whatever you say. I AM NOT A PUPPET. And you’re not my master puppeteer. Don’t you get that? You have got to be the most selfish, stuck-up, my-way-or-the-highway person in the entire world. I will never do anything you say as long as I live. You are not my friend. You were never my friend. I never deserved any of this. There are a lot of things I could say or do right now that you might deserve but that would make me like you. And that’s the last thing I want to be. You have gotten so comfortable being my friend, following you around, doing everything for you. And just thinking about it, you’ve kind of always been in charge, and I was always doing what you asked, hardly ever speaking up, but not anymore. I am not Alexis the Puppet, the Alexis everyone sees. That’s not me. Either I am Alexis: Your best friend or I am nothing to you because I am done being a pushover.


The author's comments:
This is me getting out my anger towards my ex-friend.