JOSEPH KONY OF 2012 ?? | Teen Ink

JOSEPH KONY OF 2012 ??

By Giseilla.gabbiie SILVER, Miami, Florida
Giseilla.gabbiie SILVER, Miami, Florida

" The Way You Get Goosebumps From Hearing That song. it's Beautiful"
"uNPERFECT.I.Am"
"You See The Real Me"
"I.Love.You"

A HISTORY OF AFRICA'S LONGEST-RUNNING ARMED CONFLICT
In 1986, Yoweri Museveni gained the presidency of Uganda. Alice Lakwena, a woman from the Acholi tribe in northern Uganda started the Holy Spirit Movement (HSM) in opposition. The group recruited followers and forged alliances with rebel militias with the intent of entering Uganda’s capital city, Kampala, and freeing the north from government oppression. The Holy Spirit Movement had regional support, but regional support only. When Alice Lakwena was exiled, there was no obvious person to take over leadership of the Holy Spirit Movement.

JOSEPH KONY
Joseph Kony claimed to be a distant cousin of Alice Lakwena’s and the natural successor to lead the Holy Spirit Movement. Soon after Joseph Kony assumed management of the group, he changed the name to the Lord’s Resistance Army, or LRA. Joseph Kony wasn’t able to maintain the group's number or regional support, so he started stealing food and abducting children to fill the ranks of his army. Subsequently, he lost any remaining regional support. What had started out as a rebel movement to end the oppression of the north became an oppression of the north in itself.
Joseph Kony’s tactics were—and remain—brutal. He often forced children to kill their parents or siblings with machetes or blunt tools. He abducted girls to be sex slaves for his officers. He brainwashed and indoctrinated the children with his lies and manipulated them with his claim of spiritual powers.
At the height of the conflict in Uganda, children “night commuted.” That is, every evening they would walk miles from their homes to the city centers. There, hundreds of children would sleep in school houses, churches, or bus depots to avoid abduction by the LRA.
Kony and the LRA abducted more than 30,000 children in northern Uganda.

IDP CAMPS
Starting in 1996, the Ugandan government, unable to stop the LRA, required the people of northern Uganda to leave their villages and enter government-run camps for internally displaced persons (IDPs). These camps were supposedly created for the safety of the people, but the camps were rife with disease and violence. At the height of the conflict, 1.7 million people lived in these camps across the region. The conditions were squalid and there was no way to make a living. Thus a generation of Acholi people was born and raised in these camps.

Joseph KONY needs to be stopped, and only YOU can stop him. We as a whole need to prove to him, that we are not afraid of him, and we are going to prove it by making him famous. With just one click and one word WE can stop Joseph KONY so please share this with your friends and acquaintances and MAKE JOSEPH KONY FAMOUS!!

PLEASE, STOP, JOSEPH KONY, BY MAKING, HIM, FAMOUS, NOT, BECAUSE WE LIKE HIM, BUT TO GET HIM, CAPTURED, SIMPLY BY TALKING, ABOUT HIM, TO EVERYONE YO KNOW, AND BY SHARING EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM, TO EVERYONE, YOU KNOW, YOUR'E MAKING, HIM GET, EVEN MORE NOTICED, TO WATCH THE KONY 2012, DOC.