Paranormal Activity | Teen Ink

Paranormal Activity

How many times growing up did someone tell you that ghost weren’t real? And how many times did you not want to believe them because you wanted something to hold onto to make you not feel alone? That maybe if there’s ghost, there might also be magic, and fairies, and other mystical creatures. Well, I think they’re right. I don’t believe in ghost, and I'm not scared when I’m in “haunted houses” because if you choose to not believe in things then you wont be afraid of what doesn’t exist. But there is one paranormal creature I do believe in; Demons.

Demons are not ghost. In the Bible God warns us about demons sent by Lucifer. Lucifer, more commonly known as Satin, wanted the same power as God he was denied and he fell, taking several angels went with him. You might have heard of these angels as fallen angels. In the bible the fallen angles are also known as Demons. We see demons as creatures that try to lead us a stray from the path of God. 1 Peter 5:8 says “Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” If you give him reasons to torment you and make you think your seeing something that your not, then he will.

Now I do not believe in ghost girls walking around my house or that I should freak out at every creek of a baseboard. You see videos on youtube about people that caught stuff on video from ghost faces, to objects flying across the room. Did you know that when your curtain moves a little without people being by it, that it’s less likely to be ghost and more likely to be wind or a draft. In ancient time, Indian tribes came up with the tough of paranormal creatures and ghost to explain things they couldn’t. But as our world got more advance we’ve come to realize that the reasons things move is most likely the wind. Or the invisible sting that old fashion movies would use that looks cheesy, that a possibility as well.

One man on Yahoo!AWNSERS believes that in old houses people believe to be haunted by past owners that were murdered says that the feelings from the murder was left behind in the house. That you don’t actually see ghost, what your seeing is actually an image of the persons energy field which stays ‘embedded’ and you can pick up this feeling of ‘someone was here.’

In this day and age we have so many options right now to make things seem like something they’re not. We can add stuff into photos and we can put make-up on people to make them seem ghost like and make the ghost seem life like. It’s actually very easy. Plus, you always heard the people recording the ghost say how the ghost really likes to mess with only me. Well yeah! Probably because you’re the one making her!! Obviously she wouldn’t show up for anyone else if it’s really your daughter under all that make up. I personally think that the Paranormal Activity movies are utterly fake and very easy to make, and all they really do is convince a ton for people to empty out their wallets to have a few moments of nervous heart beating laughs.

So again, I don’t believe in ghost, but I also don’t think demons fall under the same category as ghost. Yes, it would be nice if there really were magical creatures, or if we could say something are real that aren’t, but we cant. It’s not the way things work in this black and white, and ghost free, world.

Bibliography:
Online:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ayFvFE_J14
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080718014303AAgjzxI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal_Activity
Books:
The Bible

Geronimo314 said...
on Apr. 20 2015 at 10:25 am
You misspelled satan and forgot to add the s to "ghost" to make it plural

Thabii_So said...
on Feb. 24 2014 at 11:17 am
Got my parents to read this article and it was very informative

Thabii_So said...
on Feb. 24 2014 at 11:08 am
I also believe you. ghosts don't exist even though I think I saw one. I keep telling myself that my subconscience was playing tricks on me but the picture never leaves my mind. I now go to church often and it helps calm and relieve me