Extremely Loud, and Incredibly Close. | Teen Ink

Extremely Loud, and Incredibly Close.

February 8, 2012
By AshleyIsLegiit9 BRONZE, North East, Pennsylvania
AshleyIsLegiit9 BRONZE, North East, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"One day, you're gonna want her. The girl that knew she wasn't perfect, but tried to be for you. The girl that wanted nothing more than to be there for you, and loving you was the only way she could. The girl that saw your flaws, but valued them as much as your strengths. The girl that still can't bring herself to hate you, even though sometimes you probably deserve it. The girl that should have you, but doesn't."


The other day, I went with my mom and dad to see the new movie Extremely loud, and Incredibly Close. During the whole movie and for the rest of the night, I was crying my eyes out. Basically the movie talks about a young boy losing his father in the 9/11 terrorist attack. That movie really got me thinking; what would I ever do without my parents? I got to thinking about extremely touchy things, and even typing about this on my computer is making me tear up. My family means absolutely everything to me. To be honest, losing one of my parents, brothers, aunts, or uncles... I would NEVER be able to handle it. I realized I don't tell my parents or other family members I love them enough. I have never lost any close relatives, but I know people who have and I have nothing but compassion and down right love and respect for them. They are stronger than I could ever be. If I ever lost any close family members or even friends... I don't even want to think about it. My parents are my heroes. I know one day they will pass away and I will probably have to deal with the pain and heartache, but I pray to God that when that day comes, I will be strong and I will have let them know how much I appreciate them, love them, and respect them for all they have done for me. I love my family with all of my heart, and I will always love them, no matter what.