Money | Teen Ink

Money

January 28, 2012
By Devangi BRONZE, Flemington, New Jersey
Devangi BRONZE, Flemington, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"NOBODY IS PERFECT, I AM NOBODY."


What is money? Money is a source of security or freedom, or a measure of self esteem. For others, it is a source of anxiety or dependence. Several, psychologists developed the concept that many people have a “money personality.” So, a money personality is how people think about money, how they feel about money, or how they behave with the money. Money is a need for each and every person, and actually it is a necessity of people.

People do anything for money. Without money we cannot do anything in this world, as because everyone needs money. For instance, if we want to buy a piece of clothing, we should be carrying money with us everywhere we go, then only we can buy something for us. “Money is actually Satan’s weapon of temptation.” Those who do not have money are the only ones who are involved in robbery and killing for money.
People having so much money do not think about the people who do not have any money. Money is good because you can live your life so easily and so nice. Money is bad because you can be robbed or kill for money and persons’ thinking change and it becomes evil for money. Therefore, money can be sometimes good for you and it can be sometimes bad for you too.
Money is precious too everyone. Not all people have money. Some people have to beg for the money to fulfill their needs. They do not even have proper house to live in, they pass their whole time on streets, begging for money. Not only that, but they also have to pass almost all of the nights sleeping on the streets. Some people have to work so hard to fulfill the needs of their family. They work all night and day to gain money, for their social needs. People even commit suicide because they do not have enough money to fulfill their needs. A person can do anything for gaining money, he can kill several people just for the money, and he can rob people too. Therefore, it is not necessary that all people have money; there are so many people in this world who are going through poverty.
“Are you greedy for money? The love of money can be a cause of all kinds of ‘injurious things’. Paul warns, “The love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love some have been led astray from the faith and have stabbed themselves all over with many pains” (1 Timonthy 6:10). Because of love and greed for money, many people are not satisfied with what they earn and what they have. They want more and more – they want wealth, to be rich, to be millionaires, billionaires as soon as possible. The result of many people is debts, bankruptcies and broken families. Others include theft, suicide and so on. We should be content with what we have, but then also money is what people are greedy for something.
According to, “The Singer Solution to World Poverty – Peter Singer” one should not waste their money on unnecessary things, one should help poor people who are in need of it, with that money. There are so many children in this world who are going through with some type of disease. We have opportunities to save the lives of children. We can give money to organizations like UNICEF or Oxfam America. Money makes whole lot of differences in people lives. It can survive people lives or ruins people lives. People, who have lots of money, waste all their money in buying unnecessary things, but they do not think about poor people.
There are some people in this world who just thinks about themselves, they can never think any good about others, not even of their family too. People become self-interested because of many reasons like; they grew up in the environment where they saw some unusual thing which is not right for their early childhood life. But, the main cause to turn into selfish human being is “money”.
Many people happen to be selfish for money. They can even kill any other human being just for the sake of money. They start blackmailing people for money or they can rob people. Some selfish people think, “Money is power”. They cannot spend their money as they want to because they love money. This type of motive is being seen in rich people who have so much of money. They treat other people so badly. They think everyone should respect them as because they are so rich. But, they do not think that by doing this they will lose their respect from others and even the self-respect for themselves.
On May 13th, 2005, in Texas City, some people were killing other people just for the sake of money. This is ridiculous to hear but the fact is money is the root evil for all problems. People do not think anything, other than money and commit crimes. I know people now-a-days cannot do anything without money, but this not the way to gain money by killing others and robbing them.
One of the ways rich people make poor people feel better about being poor is to bombard us with the songs and movies reminding us that, at the end of the day, money is not what is really important. “The relation between money and happiness is pretty darned small,” says Peter Ubel, a professor of medicine at the University of Michigan. Why does not wealth bring a constant sense of joy?
“Part of the reason is that people are not very good at figuring out what to do with the money. Money cannot buy friends but it can sure get you a better class of enemy. By having too much money you become selfish, self-centered person and even lose your families. So, therefore, money can’t buy you happiness.
In conclusion, money changes the values and beliefs of people. Because of money people change. Some people become so violent and some people become so needy for money. Therefore, money changes everyone’s lives.


The author's comments:
People will know that relationships are better than money. If they have plenty of money, which they are spending it unnecessarily than they should stop doing it, and should help poor people who are in need of it.