Mentally Athletic | Teen Ink

Mentally Athletic

By highsandlows BRONZE, Escondido, California
highsandlows BRONZE, Escondido, California

To love and to be loved are far too different.

Mentally Athletic? Is that even possible? Well I am living proof it is. Most of you don’t know what that is, or if it is possible. Well, it is. To be mentally athletic you have to think quickly like a quarterback. You have to be ready for anything.

If you are reading this right now you may think I am crazy. Because you don’t know me. But Tim Tebow (QB of the Denver Broncos) is mentally athletic. He doesn’t hesitate to get out of the pocket. Half the time nothing goes as planned, so he changes it. He throws the ball to a different receiver, goes for a 1st down, or even runs it is for a TD. When he planned the total opposite.

That’s like me. I’m not scared to change the course of the game. But compared to Tebow, psh…. I am definitely not as good. But to me it doesn’t matter. As you can tell, Tebow is my idol. I just hope one day I can be half as successful as he is.

After reading this article I hope you ask yourself this, “Am I mentally athletic?” But to be honest with you, it only matters how you act in life. It doesn’t matter if you are mentally athletic. It doesn’t even matter if you are perfect (none of us are).

I want to share something with you that I learned from watching Tebow play. Don’t be afraid to be yourself, because we are all perfect in our own way.

lovedisney68 said...
on Jan. 18 2012 at 10:21 am
It is so refreshing to read something from a student with so much passion. I loved that because of her idol, she is not afraid to change her path! Excellent piece of writing!