Justification of Evil | Teen Ink

Justification of Evil

November 3, 2011
By Anonymous

So I’ve been thinking (as if I’m ever not) and I have realized that I am evil. At least, in everyone else’s minds. Conformity. In their own mind, the player is the protagonist. I just want to do some thing that could cost the human rat race very much. My little plan could affect nations or fizzle as miserably as anyone’s dreams of being an astronaut or a princess or a ballerina or the Goddamn Batman. I’ll be punished or ignored (the latter is the true failure) and “life” will go on. They can rebuild after my damage. A minor setback. But a setback. Because, you see, decades, years, months, weeks, days, or hours from now, the progress, the building, will reach a point that will cause the structure to crumble. How is this possible? Because it’s too big. Take the wonders of the world. One of them stands. The pyramids have been standing for thousands of years, true, but they’re eroding. Imagine how our little tower of alphabet blocks works. This little tower will crumble easily. Thus begins the end of the world as we know it. We will have used up resources to the point that World War III will be over clean drinking water. Like many civilizations before us, our structures will fall to pieces and the monuments to our existence will fade. There will be visionaries that are like me (I know this since I’m one in amillion in a world of billions) that will realize that when I started that setback, that interruption, all I wanted to do was to slow down the pace. Delay the inevitable. Buy them time. But it will be too late. The collapse had already occurred. And I will look on, knowing I did my part to impede this.


The author's comments:
This is the explanation for an act of speakable evil that I will commit later on in life. It will only affect a small portion of your lives, so do not worry. There will be no warning, only a humorous notification that it had already occurred. Have fun.