"Power Beyond Measure" | Teen Ink

"Power Beyond Measure"

By Smitty23 BRONZE, Urbandale, Iowa
Smitty23 BRONZE, Urbandale, Iowa

"If you're not serious, why show up?" -Bob Bowman

No one person should be able to have too much power. It is absurd, letting a single person have more power than he or she deserves. With power comes authority. When a single human being has too much authority over other people that is when chaos happens. Power is used by many people; some people us it in the right way.

Correctly. That is how parents use their power. They use it correctly. They use their power over their children rightly so that their child can grow up to be the perfect “them they can be.” They instruct, correct, and redirect their children down the right path of life. Not everyone uses their power correctly though.

Advantage. Taking advantage of the power we give them, our presidents can take our country downhill. It’s not their fault, though, it’s our own. We give them too much power in the first place even though they have proven to us that they cannot handle that amount of power. Power can make or break a group of people, taking advantage of your friends by using too much power, now that is a bad idea.

Friendship. Measurement. When you try to take too much authority and power over your friends, then you will not be liked by them. Can power be measured? Can we tell how much power someone should get? Yes, experience gives you the knowledge that you need to retain power. Experience can be the measure of power. Yes, it should be equal throughout a group of friends.

The air is cold and hard when power is taken advantage of. We can stop others from taking advantage of power. How? With courage. We need to step up to the plate, not whine about how a person with power uses it. We can be the ones to equal the power. Don’t rely on the person with the power to step down, you step up. Take the blame upon yourself. Earn some respect for yourself.

Respect. It is what we deserve to get when we do something for ourselves. Give respect to get it. Courageous people can earn respect for themselves, they have earned it. When you earn something for yourself, get that great feeling, you will be respected for it. Do something you’re proud of to earn respect and you will fear nothing. You will have honor, pride, and self-assurance. Can you earn it? Yes. You have “Power Beyond Measure.”

I hope people start working hard and thriving to reach their goals now.