What is love? | Teen Ink

What is love?

By MehmedM. BRONZE, Banovići, Other
MehmedM. BRONZE, Banovići, Other

„The Earth has a skin and that skin has diseases, one of its tiseases is called man“.

Is it just a word made of four letters which we use unsparingly to tell people how we feel for them eventhough we don't feel that way? How often do you say „I love you“?
Now think about that answer and try to figure how many times those words were truly meant. Why not use „I like you“ instead?
Fact is: People often take feelings for granted.
Yes, I know what you're thinking right now; „Hey, he says I love you to many people and now he's saying the opposite!“. That's true, but its not like I met those people yesterday. For me there's different emotional stages in love, and also different types of love. I divide love to three groups: family love, friends love and love for the one single person who you would turn the world upside down for. So whoever I said „I love you“ to, should know that its truly meant and how I really feel.
I'll try to stay focused on the third group mentioned above.
When do you actually know you're in love? When you think about him/her 27/7-> when you wake up, when you brush your teeth, when you eat, watch TV, sleep, when you recognize yourself in every song that plays on the radio and when you're ready to do anything just to see that one special person smile. It kinda turns in some kind of obsession. Your mind and heart get obsessed.
But why do we fall in love? It happens at that one special moment when you realize that the person is actually the one who makes your day and gives you the reason to wake up in the morning. When you're with them and you need nothing else in the whole universe. Seems like you don't even need air.
„You almost feel ashamed that someone could be that important, that without them you feel like nothing.“
Yes, love doesn't always turn right. You feel like the universe sees that you're happy and satisfied and it does everything to mess that up. So what if the love is not returned?
Then we run into a wall. An emotional wall. And we use all of our strength and energy to tear that freaking wall down. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But that's just the way life goes and the last thing we should do is drown in our own depression.
I believe in destiny, and I do believe that there is someone special for everyone, we just need to find them.
„Its all written in the stars“