Don't Judge A Person By Their Cover | Teen Ink

Don't Judge A Person By Their Cover

By Seiv14 BRONZE, Cherry Creek, New York
Seiv14 BRONZE, Cherry Creek, New York

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Have you ever been overweight or even just bigger than someone you want to look like? If not, then think about someone you know who has and how they act and are treated because they look different from others.

Many kids are bullied for the way they look, especially for their weight. A majority of the kids who are bullied are still in school; bullying happens most frequently in school areas because it is where “clicks” or “posses” are together. There are so many students out there that are bullying when they don’t even know it because they think they’re joking around but sometimes the other person doesn’t.

Another problem with bullying is that kids, and even grown adults, think that it is ok to be nice to someone’s face and then turn around and say rude things about them to another when they aren’t around. Doing something like that just makes the matter worse. People don’t realize that when you talk about someone behind their back it hurts worse than when you say it to their face. This means that if there is someone out there that you don’t like or that you think you don’t like, there is no reason to be rude. Stick to the old saying, if you have nothing nice to say then don’t say anything at all.

When you don’t like the way someone looks, it doesn’t mean that you wouldn’t like them personally. So many people now judge a person all by what they look like. Almost no one stops just to get to know a person for who they are. Just because they are heavier, gothic, punk, colored, anorexic or even mentally challenged absolutely does not make them a weirdo or anything of that sort. These people are all just like you and even me and they deserve to be treated with respect.

The bullying in this world needs to come to a halt and eventually a stop. Everybody is different, which should be considered a good thing, and since we are all people we should all be treated equally!

I hope my article gets to you the way it did to me. The way i wrote this was all based on how i was treated all through elementary school and partially into middle school. I see many kids experiencing this i wish people could understand how much it hurt to be made fun of, excluded or even just different.