Should There Be A Regulation? | Teen Ink

Should There Be A Regulation?

October 14, 2011
By LeAnn17 BRONZE, Forestville, New York
LeAnn17 BRONZE, Forestville, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Why would we have to have love? Why not have love? Many families, of which I know, have a house rule, if u want to call it that, which states that they must be at least 18 or 19 to begin to love someone or date them. I am not against the young love. I am for it.
I believe that young love should not start before thirteen or fourteen. This is my belief because you should be a teen who is prepared to be in a real relationship and not a fake little darling one that everyone thinks is just so cute. Yet I am against the tenet of having to be eighteen or nineteen before you are in a relationship. I have a cousin who married at nineteen, and is still in the same great, committed relationship; it is just more serious now. To think, her relationship all started at the age of 15.
Some people believe that young love only leads to disaster. When they say that it can lead to heartbreaks, mistakes or even pregnancy they are right, but it can happen to anyone of any age. It is the teenagers’ choices to live and do things the way that they want to do them. Teens are uncontrollable and we all know that they would not listen to their parents no matter what they said. Teens are teens and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
I believe that people, who have love, are better off. Sometimes family cannot be there for you, so that’s when you can depend on a boyfriend to back you up and help you through tough times. Yes some people don’t have love. Some people say that those without all the love and drama in life are better off. They have no worries about heartbreaks or unplanned pregnancy. So which do you choose? Love, or no love? Think about when you were young. Would you have wanted love?