PSITOL GRIPS SHOULD BE LEGAL IN NEW YORK | Teen Ink

PSITOL GRIPS SHOULD BE LEGAL IN NEW YORK

October 14, 2011
By FOOLHARDYMAN887 BRONZE, South Dayton, New York
FOOLHARDYMAN887 BRONZE, South Dayton, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

New York State is one of the few states that do not allow pistol grips to be purchased to be attached to firearms. One benefit of pistol grips is that they allow far superior handling of firearms. They also allow the operator to hold and support the gun more efficiently.

Pistol grips on weapons allow more comfort for the shooter. Pistol grips let the shooter to hold their gun for a longer duration of time. This could give more time for the person to make sure of what he/she would be shooting at. This, in turn, would reduce the amount of personal property damaged because of inconsiderate shooting.

Pistol grips can also help with the safety of the gun. If the person rests his hand on his gun there is the possibility that he would rest it by the trigger and cause an accidental fire. If the person has a pistol grip he could rest his hand on the pistol grip behind the trigger guard. If the person had to pull out this gun to protect himself, the pistol grip would allow a spot for him/her to grab for quick and safe use.

Pistol grips could bring in a lot of revenue because if New York would allow them, many people would buy them. Gun kits which include pistol grips are sold in magazines but are not allowed to be sold to a New York resident. If New York State were to legalize pistol grips, there would already be suppliers available. New companies could also be developed in New York creating more jobs.

In conclusion, I believe that New York should legalize pistol grips on firearms. Legalizing grips would benefit not only the state economy but the sportsman’s themself.