The Modern World as I See It | Teen Ink

The Modern World as I See It

By HowMayIHelp BRONZE, Woodland Hills, California
HowMayIHelp BRONZE, Woodland Hills, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Is kicking ass a job? Cause if it was I would totally apply!

Recently it seems that no matter what I do, I seem to fall prey to the complexities that reside in the modern world we inhabit. Anxiety, fear, and pain seem to be the leading factors which guide the choices that the others and myself fall victim to. And fear continues to drag us by the hair and face dangers that we are still not ready for. I fear the choices that will be given to this current generation. I also fear that, no matter what happens, will we continue to make the same mistakes that dragged us into tragedy in the first place.

I am currently in my second year of high school and I myself have had to make quite a few difficult decisions in just two short years while having to face any problems that were catalyst because of said choices. I am terrified of losing the people in my life that were the ones that happened to pick me up and out of a bad time.

Please Reply, 
Camille J

I wrote this to be a slap in the face to someone who called me dumb, but it evolved from proof showing my intelligence to my concerns in the way humans behave and respond to situations that they are thrown in.