Hey parents! Get your daughter objectification for christmas! | Teen Ink

Hey parents! Get your daughter objectification for christmas!

October 2, 2011
By crazychick SILVER, Norwich, Connecticut
crazychick SILVER, Norwich, Connecticut
5 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted


America is indisputably a nation obsessed with body image and sex. We are culture of ranch and that's no secret to anyone. When I think America I think magazines, plastic surgery, "snooki", and sex. It worries me to think what the rest of the world is saying while we spend our time laughing at the latest funny and oh so smart remarks of Kim kardashian. Anyway, in this article I would like to shed a little light on Americas youth. I remember playing with barbie as a child. Shes the wonder doll after all! With A waist as big as her head and size double E breasts that flawless ken just cant resist who doesn't love this gorgeous icon of anorexia? I think what makes barbie so popular among young girls is the fact that shes a direct reflection of what victims to the media (which is essentially more then half of the population) wish they could be. Although I well never admire "Barbie" another doll has caught my eye that's been on the market for quite some time now. They are called "Bratz" if there were s***s of the doll world Bratz would definitely fit the description perfectly. I never thought it was humanly possible for a doll to be worse then barbie but compared to bratz barbie is a saint. These miniature bad girls hold the same ideals barbie does flawless skin, full lips, unattainably thin, the works. The only difference between Barbie and Bratz is that these dolls are always provocatively dressed and are never caught dead with out thick ankle killing heels on. Bratz worship makeup and are always giggling at the "boys." She is as I discussed earlier a classic victim to the media and sex industry. Whenever I look at one of these dolls I get a very distinct vibe of that old saying "if you cant beat em join em." In fact I think thats percisly what the toy company intended.