Dust in the Air

I often feel like I’m searching for something greater. A feeling that people in this world cannot supply.

Sometimes, I sit back and quietly listen as people gossip about other people. I squint at the ones who believe they should be allowed to stare at another who does not fit in; their game of Which One Is Not Like The Others appalls me. I look at and listen to these people; they lack something. They seem shallow and unconcerned.

I feel like I am the only one that craves something more. Something new. That there is more to this life. Something bigger.

How much must The One in heaven know? They say he knows all things. How huge his brain must be! I would imagine Him to have more eyes than spiders. I bet he has fingers as long as telephone poles, enabling him to put our lives back in place when he needs to. They say he looks a lot like us; we were made in His image. But still, how wondrous he must look, I think. He is simply astounding in my mind.

I want to feel like I know my purpose. Why did my Savior truly place my heart in this family, this city, and this world? He placed me exactly where I am now, and if he had put me anywhere else, I would have grown up to be entirely different.

I am who I am, and I want to feel like I am interconnected with every being on Earth. When I feel water on my fingertips, I want to be in touch with nature’s energy. When I lock eyes with someone I do not know, I want to understand their life. It is like none other but myself feels this way.

I wish I could sense more than what everyone else senses.

The key to relentless love may be buried somewhere beneath my toes. The solution to ruthless chaos may be floating within the ocean’s waves. I honestly have not a clue. I hope someday, somehow, I will uncover these lost treasures that have vanished from society long ago.

I want to feel everything that everyone has ever felt within my being.

I have a suspicion that there is something invisible and as small as dust in the air that I cannot reach, but if only I could touch, I would be able to solve my quandary.

girly21This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:14 am:
Alot of feelings! I like it!

Regs_the_Shorty said...
I feel the same way. 5 stars

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 2:27 pm :
I love the poetic stories like this, thoughts flowing together to make some almost like free verse. Nce job, and 5/5

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

The answers lie within your own heart, perhaps. 

Lovely piece, very poetic and wishful. 

thetruthawaits94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 8:53 pm :
Interesting thought, IamtheshyStargirl! It is a bit crazy how even when the answer is so close to you- even inside you- and it is still hard to find! Thank you so much for reading my stuff! :)

little-miss-mistakes said...
you obviously but alot of thought and feeling onto this piece... and it shows! Its not always easy to wrie those nagging qestions but you did it with a poetic stle and slight redundancy that was not harmful but also made it feel more heartfelt!! good job!!!

MoraleAshThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I feel a lot of the same! Especially the thriving for more and not just the same, normal, satifying life. One ounce of criticism? Maybe condence it to shorter stanzas or smaller paragraphs just so it's appealing to the eye. Overall, it's great!

ohheyyyelli said...
Aug. 10, 2011 at 11:20 am:
I feel the same way, it makes you really think. Great writing

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
You write beautifully. This made me think and smile. I loved it :)

thetruthawaits94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think if everyone thought like this the world would be a better place. What is it like to have TRUE meaning in your life? You know?

bEllAhOPe replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 7:00 pm :
I enjoyed this. There's deepness to the way you write that most don't have. A few pieces I've seen seem to be trying to hard to have poetry in their souls, while yours comes off nicely. The topic is intense, and you handled it so beautifully. Thank you.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me?

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 4:36 pm :
Me too, I feel this way,  and different.  Very good job I really liked this!!!!! :D

Aug. 3, 2011 at 4:54 pm :
Thanks! I know this is deep, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who feel this way, too. One of the things I love about writing is how you are allowed to say the things you wish you could say in a normal conversation with someone, when in truth you usually can't talk like that. You know what I mean? :)

Aug. 3, 2011 at 5:17 pm :
I know exactly what you mean.  Most likely you're not the only one who feels this way!!!!  I like writing for that too!!!

Dark_MindThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:41 pm :
This is truly amazing, inspiring...I'm flabbergasted. Outstanding the way you can make a person feel through your writing.

JerseyGirl716 replied...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:47 pm :
I couldn't agree more with Dark_Mind, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the same way as you. It's as if there's something just out of reach, but if we could grab it everything would become clear. Amazing poem, you have a gift!

Aug. 3, 2011 at 11:09 pm :
Thank you to you both for reading it. I wrote it from my heart! Right out of my mind and onto the paper,  no revising at all. If you guys liked this, then i encourage you to go read bEllAhOPe's article titled My Little White Cane. She made a thread in the forums today asking for people to read her stuff, and i read that and i loved it. it was kind of like this one! :) Just if you want to!!!....