Grammar | Teen Ink

Grammar

July 14, 2011
By OnAndieAvenue GOLD, Fowlerville, Michigan
OnAndieAvenue GOLD, Fowlerville, Michigan
17 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everyone who lives will someday die and die alone. "


I don't understand. Is it really so hard to spell the word "you"?
Why can't people use apostrophes, question marks, commas, and periods? It's so confusing to read a paper that doesn't have any punctuation. I never waste my time with that crap.
When I see a comment on a website designed for writers saying "Ur so talented chek out my work 2," I don't even consider reading his or her work. If someone can't even say "You're so talented, check out my work, too," how can I expect them to post a beautiful, thought-provoking poem, or a suspenseful short story. People are ignorant.
I refuse to text someone who doesn't use proper grammar. No one's perfect, but people could at least learn to capitalize "I." We start learning this stuff in kindergarten.
The human race's refusal to speak grammar properly disgusts me greatly.Stop being so lazy and maybe you'll get somewhere in life. Once you get into the habit of using proper grammar, it's so simple. My annoyance is reaching a breaking point.
Oh, and if you people would proof-read, you wouldn't have to deal with all those stupid auto-corrects that you "accidentally" send.
I'd like to blame this on technology, or the government, but let's be honest, it's each persons own, lazy fault. Spell check was made for a reason.
I have a refusal to send proper grammar to the grave.