My 30 Second Speech to the World | Teen Ink

My 30 Second Speech to the World

June 21, 2011
By MumblingMelanie DIAMOND, Jackson, Missouri
MumblingMelanie DIAMOND, Jackson, Missouri
79 articles 0 photos 210 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't be a victim; be a titan.


Stop settling and start living, because this is it. Forget monotony and everything everyone expects of you, because it’s your life. Someday, you and all those who judged you will be dead, and you’ll be stirring in your grave wishing you’d realized anyone who thinks badly of you was as dead to you then as they are now. Jealousy is the most common cause of dislike, and anyone who tries to knock you down is jealous. You are alive, and they are not. Why would anyone alive waste their time on anything but running after their heart’s desires? Forget expectations and remember what YOU want. What they say is not important – what you want is. So, tell me: will you be remembered as changing the world, or as being a gravestone?


The author's comments:
I was reading the list '18 Thought-Provoking Questions' on the website High Existence, and the first one was "If you could make a 30 second speech to the entire world, what would you say?"
This is what I would say.
(I timed it, for the record. I can say it in 23 seconds.)

"It is very easy to take for granted the phenomenon that we are each alive, but we must try not to."
--Alex Grey