Our Mistakes

I look at the world and am disgusted with what I see.
A place full of hate, poverty, sadness, fear but most of all, I see people who have given up. Harmed to the core and no longer have that that spark of willpower left to fight for themselves.
I hate what I see.
I hate what the world has become.
We are monsters.
Killing each other and slowly killing ourselves.
I think of future generations, when they read about us in history books and talk about our actions and all the things that went wrong in our society, call our mistakes reflexions of the people we call leaders.
They will laugh, think that we were stupid and they'll be right !
Our actions only mirror who we are.
Those wars, ones that are are tearing families apart and destroying lives,
What are we doing to stop them ?
Once years ago, John Lennon sang words that now, many years later we still only ''imagine '' and don't pursue : '' Imagine all the people, living life in peace.'' Brave words.
Maybe not everyone agrees with me, but I'm sure some do.
And I might not be able to open the eyes of the world, but those who believe that buried deep down lies hope, well, I encourage them to take a stand and do their part.
Any way we can.
You were given speech and words and ears to listen to what others have to say, use them !
Words sung or written, picture, any way you can.
Because if each of us do our share, maybe one day our mistakes won't cast a shadow over us. And the beauty of who, we as the people, really are.

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 12:42 am
great article! Although i can't help but say that "reflexions" should be spelled "reflections" okay that's all! :) I completely agree with everything you said. people don't understand this sometimes. I personally have been through SO much, but i have learned to LEARN from my past, not wallow in despair like some do, thinking that because of their past the can't have a future. I, myself, hope to be the exact opposite of those in the world that feel they have lost that spark of will power left to ... (more »)

RockGirl182 replied...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:20 am
Thank you so much, and I agree with you 100%, we do only have one life. We have to live it to our most, do all the things we can to help the next generations live like we have. This made my day, I hope somewhere here onTeenInk someone else wrote an article like mine that's more popular, I would love for others to be more involved. :) 

CarrieAnn13 said...
I completely agree with this!  How can we just let all this happen to Earth, the only home we have?  This isn't in the typical essay format (the paragraphs are short, there aren't any stastics or facts) but it was an enjoyable read.  Good job! :)

RockGirl182 replied...
Thank you :D