In a Moment | Teen Ink

In a Moment

May 29, 2011
By VenetteLove BRONZE, Cocoa, Florida
VenetteLove BRONZE, Cocoa, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.
--- Edward W. Howe---

people who say that they don't believe in crying are the people who have the most to cry about...
---Unknown---

“Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.”
---Audrey Hepburn---

"Truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth suffering for"
---Bob Marley---


Imagine yourself walking home with a few friends, talking about your day. There’s laughter, jokes, and smiles.. Life, as you know it, in that exact moment is great. You are happy and with the people you love. Nothing is better than that moment of contentment and joy, but that all changes in a matter of seconds. In that scene, the ground begins to shake, you look at your friends for comfort, while you’re feet are being tossed on the ground beneath you.
The smiles are gone.There is no more laughter, all you hear are fear filled screams, babies crying, and the thumping noise of people exiting buildings before the roof collapses on top of them. Your friends rush through the broken buildings and horrific noises to find their families; you do the same. Your heart pounds, and you can barely breathe..
Your lungs become paralyzed with fear, tears fall down your cheeks and you scream as loud as you can your family’s last name. You run around the shaking ground, hoping to hear a reply from a familiar voice. Just when you think that the violent quaking and moving of the earth has ended, you see a huge wave, everything seems chaotic.. Where is your family? Where are your friends, your coworkers? The wave pulls you under water, mercilessly. You gasp for air and stand up, heart shaken, and face plastered with fright...

What would you do in this moment? What thoughts are going through your mind? Could you imagine the confusion, fear, and pain that has been brought upon these people? Japan... This happened to the people of Japan. They didn’t know it was coming, there was no warning.. But they press on.. Strong and determined.. They begin to rebuild and stay strong.. Pray for the people of Japan.. Pray for the healing of their heartaches and pain.. Pray for hope, and peace.. Pray for encouragement..

Don’t take your life for granted.. Every smile, every giggle, every little thing is a gift.. Don’t forget to say, “Thank You” to the Giver.