Vacations | Teen Ink

Vacations

Vacations are what revive the mind, body, and soul.
Picture yourself sitting on the beach. It’s a warm sunny day and the sun is beating down on you, warming every inch of your body. You have forgotten every itsy bitsy, as well as mega-problem back at home, your mind has been cleared blank from stress, and all you can think about is how amazing it feels to be lying on the beach doing nothing. People every year miss out on going on vacations. And yet, “getting away from the everyday grind,” for just a few days can set your mind free from all problems.
Vacationing, then, is a catharsis. It improves one’s mental health, revamps relationships, helps people to become more productive, and it helps some find creative inspiration, too.

People who take vacations are, also, more likely to live longer. Studies have shown that men and woman reduce their death risk when they take vacations. People every day are faced with an enormous amount of pressure at work. They have to worry about being fired or screwing up. Their heads are on the line every second of every day and many even fret about being more successful than the day before. We’ve all heard the bossy boss saying, “But what have you done for me lately?” When these people take vacations, the fear of failure melts away. They do not have to listen to someone giving them commands of what to do. While vacationing, they get to be the boss and make their own decisions.

An abundance of people who don’t take vacations are consistently tired, stressed, and depressed. They are worry warts. They never have any time for themselves. They do the same thing over and over again. There is nothing fun in their lives to look forward to. This causes them to think that their lives are pointless and boring. People who do not take vacations are stressed to the max, therefore causing them to sleep less.
But, vacations cannot help out everyone. Women and men who have a family they need to take care of, and have to feed and clothe, are always working to earn money to give their children the life they never had. Despite this huge pressure, the parents don’t mind so much the long work that gets their money and helps support the family.

While going on vacations can help a person live longer, and improve their health, it can also bring family relationships together. During the week, most parents are at work. The children have after school activities. One child gets home at seven, the other child leaves at seven. Family members are constantly coming and going. Therefore, the entire family never gets to sit down together and talk about their days during dinner. This happens week after week, where families are losing all the precious bonding time a family needs to feel good about themselves as well as each other.
The only way families actually get to bond together is Sunday, while going to church. One day out of the week, maybe only for three hours. When families go on vacations they are with each other for the entire vacation and they talk together and have normal family conversations. When on vacation, everyone goes to the beach together, goes jet skiing together, and so on. The family realizes how much fun it is spending time with one another, which in turn brings the family closer together.

Vacationing can even help procrastinators. They put everything aside and delay doing their work for as long as they can. When these people don’t take vacations, they spend the whole year working, with no breaks, so they figure they have all the time in the world to “catch up on life.” That is, until it is one day before their assignment is do and they have not started anything. By taking a vacation people become more productive. Two weeks off is all such people need. When they take those two weeks off, it forces them to come back and make the rest of the weeks more efficient. It allows them to eliminate distractions and to finish their work. They realize they have something to look forward to if they get their work done quickly and thoroughly.

Now believe it or not, vacationing not only improves your health, childhood, relationships, and more, it also helps you find creative inspiration. While being at work and living in the area, you are forced to do the same routine everyday. See the same people at school or work; go to the same restaurants around you. Nothing is new; it is like you are on a daily schedule, with no changes. By allowing yourself to go on vacation you are allowing for change. This allows your brain to experience new environments and makes you think differently.

Now picture yourself sitting in your office. Everyone is yelling at you. Your head is spinning around and around. Commands are flying at you from every direction. You do not know what to do. You feel like your body is being smashed into a tiny ball with all of the pressure you are feeling. This is what it is like everyday for people who skip out on vacations. They do not get to experience the feeling of being relaxed and setting their mind free from everything except relaxing and having fun. Do no let your work ethics keep you from going on a vacation with your family, or even just yourself. It can help you live to a higher age, your body and mind will feel cleared out and healthier, your relationships will reconnect, your mind will wander to places it’s never gone before, and you will become more productive in life!

Krish said...
on Oct. 16 2016 at 10:57 am
This is the awesomest speech i have ever read. Since i was finding one for my school homework. So this is the one