Do You Have a Pet Peeve? | Teen Ink

Do You Have a Pet Peeve?

April 13, 2011
By lexa724 SILVER, New York
lexa724 SILVER, New York
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Doesn’t it bother you when you are having a conversation with someone over text, instant message, or on the phone and they take forever to answer? This is one of my major pet peeves. When a person takes forever to answer through a type of electronic device; does it annoy you a lot? While you are waiting for them to answer, I wonder about many different questions. Why did I start talking to them? Why they are taking an eternity to answer? Have they looked at their phone? Is there something wrong with the question I asked? Why are they online but not answering me? Are they mad at me? And many more questions bobbling through my head. I get annoyed at myself by thinking about all these different ideas and I just want to scream out loud “Could they just answer me so I don’t have to worry about the unbearable things that I am going through right now?!” What could they possibly be doing that is taking them painful, dreadful, and torturous minutes to answer?

Does it also bother you when people stand over your shoulder while you are on the computer or on your phone and read your texts? If you really want to know you can just ask me instead of trying to find out the hard way and snooping to hear about the different information. But sometimes when you don’t know people are looking over you shoulder and you then later find out you wonder all of the many scenarios that could go wrong. Did they read something that no one else besides one person was supposed to know? Is news going to get out that I did something? While you are going through the many questions, your heart is sinking about the things that could go wrong because someones eyes saw something that they were not supposed to. When this happens I sometimes freak out. Although there is not too much information that I would say over a cell phone or computer I would just like no one knowing.
When people read over your shoulder or take forever to answer a message related to electronic devices is very annoying. No matter if they are a family member, a friend, or a close aquatiance, drives me insane! Both pet peeves are related by both taking place on an electronic device, both having to do with more than one person, and both needing your eyes to forsee this idea. This is one of my major pet peeves and I guess one of my flaws. But I know if I have done it to someone else in the past, which I probably have, I promise that I will never do it again! Overall, if you answer within a few minutes you get the text, instant message, or phone call and you don’t read over people shoulders my pet peeve of this shall be gone! Do you feel the same way I do?