Home Revolution | Teen Ink

Home Revolution

April 11, 2011
By Dr.Kerr BRONZE, Vandalia, Missouri
Dr.Kerr BRONZE, Vandalia, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
How you Doin?


HOMEWORK, DO WE NEED IT?

Imagine you are sitting at a desk at a high school. You are in the 12th

Grade and about to graduate in 12 days. Then, suddenly, you get a big stack of homework including the SATS, and ACTS. You think to yourself, “How am I going to get this done in time for me to graduate?” You have Math, Science, Social Studies, and English to get done before you graduate in 12 Days!
Do students in the U.S. colonies receive too much homework? You bet cha’ they do. Teachers give so much homework all at one time that students are getting sick. The average teacher gives a little bit of homework a day, but including all 7 classes throughout the day, it’s a lot to accomplish in one night. In the White House we got the almighty Michelle Obama who is going to take away our snacks in the schools and give us vegetables. She’s trying to reduce child obesity; she also says that children need to go outside and play, or be active for at least an hour a day.
How are we going to accomplish that if we are sitting in our rooms behind a desk and doing homework all night to pass that grade and not get left behind.

We can make a change!


The author's comments:
I like this piece that i wrote i agree with it 100%.